- Operation Vanguard has come to a close.
- Train has been added to the Active Duty map pool.
- Nuke has been moved to the Reserve map pool.
- Smoke grenades are now more reliably kept track of on the client to prevent mismatches between smoke particle visuals and screen overlay visuals.
- Fixed players being able to double stack inside a smoke to peek out of the top (and be really hard to see from outside the smoke).
- Updated expiration of the smoke screen overlay to match more closely to the visuals of when the third person particles expire and vice versa.
- Updated the vertical position slightly of the smoke particles to reduce seeing though edges of the smoke (particularly at the bottom).
- Fixed spectator sometimes not getting the smoke overlay for the player they are spectating when that alive player is inside smoke.
- Improved spawnpoint selection code to not spawn at occupied spawn points or spawn points of a different team.
- Tagging values have been tweaked slightly to increase tagging on higher mobility weapons, and updated values for tagging on multiple hits to make it more effective (Added a guide to explain how tagging works: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=412879303
- Increased price of the M4A1-Silencer from 3100 to 3200 to align the weapon’s price with its utility.
- Increased Tec-9’s damage fall-off to reward players that close engagement distance.
- Lowered Tec-9’s magazine size to 24 to reward more discriminate firing.
- Lowered scoped movement values for AWP and Autosnipers.
- The accuracy of the MP9, MP7, and Mac-10 have been improved.
- Trade up contracts work on StatTrak weapons.
- There is now a StatTrak swap tool available for purchase. It swaps the StatTrak value between two of the same weapon.
- Fixed the server browser showing the map workshop path in the “Map” column.
- Added a sortable column to the server browser to display whether a server is running a map from the workshop or not.
- Added a sortable column to the server broswer that displays icons for popular game mods running on that server.
- Server browser will save the layout changes made between game sessions.
- Updated the first time server browser pop up message.
- Fixed scoreboard hiding at match end when you bring up a player’s Steam profile.
- Added a game option in team options section to control whether lobbies get created with public access or private requiring invites for friends.
- Added Flavor Text to the Bank collection.
- Add surround sound support (quad/5.1) on Linux.
- Marked nav commands as a cheat to protect against potential server exploits.
- Chicken kills are now logged in CS event logs on game servers including attacker and weapon information.
- HE grenade detonations are now logged in CS event logs prior to logging player deaths from corresponding HE grenade explosion.
- Added sv_reliableavatardata 2 game server setting for LAN tournaments production. In this mode the game server will load player avatars from corresponding csgo/avatars/76512345678-.rgb files (or csgo/avatars/default.rgb if the corresponding SteamID avatar is missing), and avatars will be recorded in GOTV demos. To produce avatars rgb files tournament operators can place 64×64 png player avatars as csgo/avatars/76512345678-.png and run the client-side command cl_avatar_convert_rgb to convert all 64×64 png files into rgb format.
- Optimized the process of logging in players to matchmaking backend during game updates.
- Opened up skybox around Long A double doors, Catwalk and Short
- Improved visibility around blue car in Long A
- Fixed render distance on a crate in CT spawn
- Opened up skybox around back of apartments
- Simplified sides of CT sniper window in mid
- Raised cover slightly in upper mid
- Fixed visibility through a crate in Bombsite A
- Opened up and simplified Bombsite A
- Added back stairs to pit near Bombsite A
- Opened up semi-open door in bathrooms, fountain side
- Smoothed out movement in Bombsite B
- Removed corner on left side of T tunnel into Bombsite B
- Haystack near Long A now requires a jump to get on top
Train (Thanks c0tton and adreN!)
- Various optimizations
- Removed collision at top of ladders
- Pushed Bombsite A further back towards CT side
- Added a third train car to A site to reduce amount of long sightlines
- Added a peek-position inside T main
- Opened up area on the left side of T main exit
- Moved dumpsters in Ivy
- Raised crane in Bombsite A
- Blocked extremely tight angle from lower CT ramp towards T ramp in Bombsite B
- Prioritized CT spawn positions
- Fixed an exploit boost at A
- Added a decal indicating the boundaries of the A bombsite’s plantzone
- Made white tarps on crates more spammable (Thanks Mod645!)
- Fixed shadows casting into A main shed from boost spot
- Improved readability from middle to A site container
- Added back to map rotation
Rumor has it:
- Here’s some images of the new server browser functionality:
- saelwen dumped all of the flavor text for weapons in the Bank collection
- Images of map changes:
- Item schema update: https://github.com/SteamDatabase/SteamTracking/commit/cf75a4cec4dc765797669122c9bddc0bb9dffa47
- A teardown can be found over at Facepunch
- Strings: https://github.com/SteamDatabase/GameTracking/commit/bd7ff0a1fd44fcb6512050efe91c7e06510b8748
- GC protobufs, for developers wanting to interact with the GC either directly or through the use of SteamKit or similar: https://github.com/SteamDatabase/GameTracking/commit/84752f143aabfda1c017e036c0f7f51117eae8bd
- League/tournament admins and players that have a scheduled match tonight: please be aware that a previous version branch named “mar_09” has been published. If your match server has opted not to update and you run into issues re-connecting to it, use this branch.
- Size is close to 125 MB